What did you have for breakfast this morning?
Perhaps a better question — is your breakfast helping you reach your weight loss goal?
One easy move you can make is switching a meal for a smoothie — and breakfast is the perfect time to do just that. With these smoothie recipes for weight loss, you can have breakfast, lunch or a midday-snack in a jiffy, plus feel full and energized for hours.
Weight Loss Smoothie Easy Addition Tips:
- Add in protein: Whether you prefer protein powder, cottage cheese, or Greek yogurt, protein will help to keep you full. Just make sure you choose yogurt that’s low in sugar.
- Fiber: If you’re not sure your smoothie has enough, add some chia seed, flax, kale, or even psyllium husk powder. Fiber helps you feel fuller longer and keeps your digestive system happy.
- Say no to extra sweeteners: Fruit are naturally sweet enough that you don’t need to add sugar, honey, or artificial sweetners. Adding sugar not only increases your calorie count, but sets you up for a sugar-coma-crash later in the day.
- Coconut Oil: If you like your smoothies a bit thicker, try spooning in some coconut oil. This high-fat oil is healthy, smooth, and delicious.
Summer Energy Smoothie
Need a morning pick me up? Go for this one!
- 2-4 green apples (Slice, and remove core!)
- 1-2 cups strawberries
- 1-2 kiwis, sliced
- spinach or kale
- unflavored greek yogurt
Blend and go!
The PB&J Smoothie
Just in case you’re missing your morning toast, this smoothie will quench your cravings – without all the sugar or high fructose corn syrup of regular jam!
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 cups berries
A few minutes in the blender is all you need! The best part? You can change up the berries to get different jam flavors – you could even add banana and cocoa powder to make it more like your childhood classic sandwich.
Strawberry Raspberry Meal Replacement Smoothie
Want a smoothie that will keep you full for hours, balance your blood sugar, and help your weight loss goals? We’ve got just the thing!
1 scoop protein powder (We like pea or rice protein powder as there’s little chance of inflammation from these options.)
2 tbsp chia seeds
1 cup almond, coconut, or rice milk (make sure there’s zero sugar!)
1 cup strawberries
½ cup raspberries
1 tsp cinnamon
The chia seeds will help thicken your smoothie while adding in extra fiber.
Boost Your Metabolism Smoothie
The taste of the tropics will have you feeling like your on vacation. Meanwhile, the kale and ginger will be boosting your metabolism into fat-burning overdrive. Combine:
- Greek yogurt (vanilla or unflavored)
- ½ cup pineapple
- ½ cup mango
- 1 cup kale
- 1 tbsp ginger – if you have fresh ginger, just toss a chunk in!
- a sprinkle of cayenne powder
You know the drill by now – blend and go!
Summer Blueberry Weight Loss Smoothie
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup blueberries
- ½ cup blackberries
- ½ cup peaches (frozen peaches work better!)
Per usual, blend and go. (You may want to put the frozen fruit on the bottom.)
The Kiwi Nutty Delight
- 1 cup coconut water
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 1 pear
- 1 apple
- 4-6 kiwis (peeled and sliced)
Say goodbye to your usual breakfast and extra pounds with these smoothie recipes for weight loss!
Chocolate Blueberry “Milkshake” Smoothie
If you need a little encouragement to try a smoothie, this one will have you thinking you’re sipping on dessert!
- 1 avocado
- ½ a banana
- 1 ½ cups blueberries
- Milk (as desired for thickness)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- a sprinkle of cinnamon
Blend and go! (If you’re using frozen berries, hit the pulse button a few times to blend up the berries.) As an extra bonus, the cinnamon is great for helping to balance your blood sugar.
Power Pumpkin Seed Smoothie
We love this smoothie from Hello Natural because of the addition of pumpkin seeds. A lot of pumpkin smoothie recipes you may find only include pumpkin puree, which may mean you’re not getting any protein. What’s the point of a weight loss smoothie without protein?
- 1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoons raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 cup ice
Pumpkin seeds will help you stay energized, while providing you with helpful iron and fiber. This one little addition also helps to keep your blood sugar steady, making it the perfect choice before and after workouts.
Apple Pie Protein Smoothie
You’ll think you’re having dessert but instead you’re having a good for you treat. Apple pie is the dessert we think of most when we think of Fall, and Gimme Some Oven’s protein smoothie take on it is both delicious and healthy.
- 2 large red apples (I used fuji), cored
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup ice
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- pinch of ground ginger
- tiny pinch of ground cloves
Banana Bread Smoothie
If you’re still craving dessert after that last smoothie, this banana bread smoothie by Caroline at Taste, Love, and Nourish will hit the spot! Adding walnuts to this smoothie not only aids weight loss, but the healthy fatty acids are good for your heart, your brain, and your blood pressure. Another thing we love about this smoothie are the oats. As we’ve talked about before, oats are full of fiber, and will help keeping you feeling full for longer!
- 1½ frozen bananas
- ¼ cup ice cubes
- 2 heaping tablespoons rolled oats
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons toasted chopped walnuts
What’s your favorite smoothie for weight loss? Let us know in the comments? Meanwhile, you can reach your fitness goals faster by trying Jersey Strong for FREE for five days! Get your free pass today: