Everyone wants to have the beach body they’ve been dreaming of. Procrastinators beware: If you wait until bathing suit weather is here to start working on your summer beach body, you’re too late. Spring is the best time to build up a healthy fitness routine to have you summer ready before summer arrives.
Here are 7 steps you can take in spring to get your summer beach body:
- Try a new class: Lacking the motivation to get started? Classes are a great way to get moving and learn new techniques. Try incorporating a variation of classes to cover all of your bases. Here are a few recommendations:
- Get a Personal Trainer: Personal training is designed to help you set a goal, and then provide you with actionable steps to reach it. Whether your summer goal is to shed excess weight, further engage your core, or bulk up, a personal trainer can evaluate where you are currently, and give you the tools you need to succeed.
- Subscribe to a Fitness Blog: For the latest diet tips, exercise trends, and wellness articles, subscribe to a regularly-updated fitness blog for motivation and insight. Here are a few we love.
- Find a Fitness Buddy: There’s no better way to motivate yourself than to align your goals with someone else. See if your gym membership offers a referral bonus for friends that don’t have a membership yet. Having a partner at the gym helps you to:
- Push yourself harder
- Stay at the gym longer
- Feel confident trying new classes and exercises
- Share insight and tips
- Hold each other accountable
- Make a Workout Schedule: Results are driven by routine. Remember that the only bad workout is one that you didn’t do. Scheduling time to attend classes, or hit the treadmill before or after work is crucial to meeting your summer goals. Not sure where to start? Try using a Workout Blueprint for step-by-step schedules and workout plans.
- Start a Fitness Journey Social Account: If you thrive on support from the social community, consider creating a fitness journey Instagram account. Log your workout progress with images, inspirational quotes, and diet updates. Follow other folks on similar journeys to encourage and inspire you.
There are many ways to reach your goals this summer, but the best thing to do is to start today. Two months from now you will wish you had.