Think you know the best ways to keep your beach body all summer long? Before you look towards drastic measures to stay slim during beach season, we have some simple tips that can make a world of difference. Besides an overall healthy diet and exercise, these details can help you feeling beach ready all summer.
The Best Beach Body Tips After You Leave the Gym
- Deflate the bloat. If you often find yourself indulging in processed carbs and diet soda, you may want to rethink some of these habits for summer. Both can cause bloating, countering all of your workouts for weight loss, and no one wants to feel bloated on the beach. Choose fruits, veggies, and unprocessed foods like sweet potatoes to obtain your daily carbohydrates and cut down on carbonated beverages.
- Moisturize. Take care of your largest organ. Your skin! Whether your swimming, sunning, or exercising, summer can take a huge toll on your skin. Always protect your skin with SPF to avoid burning. Treat yourself by exfoliating regularly and moisturizing to keep skin hydrated and looking its best for tank top season. Keeping your skin moisturized will also help bring less attention to any flaws you might see yourself (turn dry knees into long, lean legs!). You’ll be surprised by how great it can feel after giving your skin some extra tender loving care.
- Improve your posture. Shoulders back, chin up, belly button to your back. You know the drill, even though you might not be following it daily. Improving your posture is a quick way to immediate create a leaner figure. Beyond just sitting, standing, or walking around, it is important to remember these key factors when exercising. By practicing proper posture during your workouts, you’ll engage your core to build your abs when on the stairmaster or doing bicep curls. We love multitasking, especially when it means more defined abs!
- Hydrate. Staying hydrated is even more important during the summer since our bodies dehydrate even faster as we sweat. But do you know the full benefits of consuming much more water than you probably currently are? Hydrating with water will keep you energized, fight off hunger and cravings, beat bloating and keep your skin hydrated getting rid of that tired look and instead help you look as alert as you will soon feel.
- Treat yourself. Don’t deprive yourself of your favorite foods. Instead, pick a day or meal to indulge in moderation. Knowing that you’re not totally restricting yourself and instead just practicing a healthy dose of self control, can help you pass up on a craving when the time comes to enjoy what you really want at another time.
Ready to finally meet your weight loss goal? Visit WoW, one of the top gyms in New Jersey for state of the line equipment, and great amenities like ladies only workout rooms, free babysitting, and flat screen tvs!